Peter Doherty has 11+ years of demonstrated success working in agile, fast paced environments in M&A, software, oil & energy. He received a Bachelors of Engineering (Mechanical) from the National Univeristy of Ireland, Galway and is a chartered engineer awarded by Engineers Ireland.
Feb 2019 to Present
- Engaged by private equity firm to implement buy and build strategy for leveraged buyouts of organizations in the lower middle market
- Responsible for team operations, deal flow & due diligence. Built custom digital deal room & workflow. Headhunted and on-boarded advisory board members and two financial analysts
Jul 2016 to Present
- Founded company. Responsible for key account management, business development and team management
- Evangelized Agile and Scrum on client projects
Feb 2009 to Jun 2013
- Developed joint venture which was awarded a $25 million dollar contract to install pipelines offshore Gabon for TOTAL. Coordinated technical bid worth $785k to local business unit
- On-boarded and led a new team of six engineers for multi-year engagements to install pipelines for two multi-billion dollar developments in the US & Australia, generating over $4MM in new revenue for my local office
- Responsible for +15 engagements with oilfield services clients & oil majors globally. Delivered detailed, quality analyses, presentations & reports
Feb 2009 to Jun 2013
- Six month secondment to the Netherlands. As Specialist Engineer, I supported +20 engineers located in Leiden, Houston and Perth on technical and design issues. Optimized operational performance for a billion dollar construction vessel and supported tenders for new projects for Shell
- Lead Project Engineer for structural analysis of the Pre-Salts Hybrid Riser Tower offshore Brazil for Saipem & Petrobras. Ensured compliance with industry codes and standards. Built detailed finite element models and statistical analyses to optimize integrity, design & cost of the solution
- Three month secondment to Aberdeen, Scotland for the Gryphon recovery project in the North Sea for Maersk Oil. Led re-design of subsea water & gas injection risers. Provided technical expertise & support to junior engineers
- Engaged as Project Engineer for analysis of the $2.3 billion CLOV production vessel offshore West of Africa for TOTAL. Executed mathematical and statistical analysis to identify the optimal solution from six potential options
- Quality of work led to nine further engagements for TOTAL on their flagship deepwater developments offshore West of Africa
Apr 2007 to Aug 2007
Design of portable workstations for fabricators and welders. Responsible for design and fabrication of large steel storage facility, Road Tanker Dust Suppression System Re-Design. Designed and coordinated fabrication of an automatic gate for factory entrance.
May 2006 to Aug 2006
Worked in the drawing office on several projects. Daily use of 2D & 3D CAD program (Inventor, Mechanical Desktop) for modelling of machinery and components. Duties included preparation and checking of drawings and working with welders, fabricators, engineers and R&D team on farm machinery Design & Fabrication.
Sep 2004 - May 2008
Honors Degree which included study of the following subjects.
Automated Systems, Polymer Technology, Engineer in Society, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Electrical Power & Machines, Communications, Mechanical Analysis & Design, Vibrations & Control, Design Office, Metals & Metal Processing.
Advanced Mechanical Analysis and Design, Finite Element Methods, Computer Control of Electro – Mechanical Systems, Energy Conversion, Polymers and Polymer Composites, Power Systems, Project Management, Engineering Calculus, Statistics.
- Design of an AC Powered Grass Cutting Machine for use on Undulating Grasslands. (Sponsored by Major Equipment International Limited)
- Energy Conversion Project: Design of a steam power cycle to act as the bottoming cycle in a combined cycle power plant with a Rolls Royce Trent 60 industrial gas turbine as the topping cycle. Optimisation of the overall Thermal Efficiency was carried out as part of this team project.
- Design of a Plastic Bottle Shredding Machine to Shred 10 bottles per minute
- Feasibility report on a Hip replacement cup; Prototype Design for a Jar Opening Device.
- Design & build of a solar powered water pump
- Build of door lock with unique key
PO Box 2006, New York, NY 10032