Following on from last years effort to set goals for the new year - 19 for 2019 - I’ve set new objectives for 2020 i.e. #20for2020.
This year, I’ve categorized the 20 objectives into four areas: 1) Financial, Health & Well Being, 2) Family and Friends, 3) Learning and 4) Charity & Community.
This year I’ve set each objective with a number because this way it’s measurable and second, I can have the pleasure of tracking it on a nice Objective, Key Results (OKR’s) graph. Furthermore, I have blocked off time-slots in my calendar to ensure I stay on track.
Overall, for this year I’ve tried to set the objectives around a specific theme - Happiness. I chose happiness due to inspiration from a book I started reading last September called (I may make a commission for purchases made through the following link) Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy by Mo Gawdat. My aim, this year is to have objectives that are tailored toward leading a more balanced life.
Financial, Health & Well being
- Run a half marathon
- Run 20 miles per week
- Create 12 pieces of art: 6 paintings and 6 objects
- Build a custom ETF on M1 Finance with $10k
- Triple my income
Family & Friends
- Host 20 people for dinner
- Call/message five family or friends every Friday
- One movie night per month, with the wife
- One debate night per month, with the wife
- Go to two Broadway shows, with the wife
- Get Driving licence
- Read one book per month
- Meet 20 new people per month
- Visit 20 museums
- Watch a Productivity video weekly
Charity & Community
- Raise 2020 dollars for a charity
- Donate 2020 dollars to a charity
- Write four letters to officials
- Volunteer two hrs per month
- Give mentoring advice to 20 people on LinkedIn